Mom’s Day of Prayer seeks to focus on our common love for Jesus and
our need to love one another and pray together for our children.
Mom’s Day of Prayer Coordinator Steps & Information
The Host Church:
A host Church for a Mom’s Day of Prayer needs to be in agreement with the following statement of faith:
This church believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died on the cross for our sins and rose from the grave and that anyone who believes in Him is saved by grace through faith.
John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Mom’s Day of Prayer seeks to focus on our common love for Jesus and our need to love one another and pray together for our children. Everyone who shares this love and burden is needed in our circles of prayer.
12-Month Planning Steps
The vision for the Mom’s Day of Prayer is for all women to unite together in prayer at the beginning of each year for the children of their community, state and the world – “Praying Moms Make a Difference.”
Below are the planning steps that will help you in coordinating a Mom’s Day of Prayer in your area:
12 Months before MDOP
- Pastor’s Approval – If you feel God is leading you to coordinate a Mom’s Day of Prayer in your area, your first step will be to contact your Pastor and get his 100% stamp of approval on this. Your Pastor and your church family will be your prayer support all through this effort. Please see Pastor’s letter.
- 3rd Saturday of Each January - We would like to encourage each one that hosts a Mom’s Day of Prayer to have it the 3rd Saturday in January if at all possible. HALLELUJAH what a day that will be!!
- Prayer Support – You will especially need others to pray for you that in everything you do, you will be led by God’s Holy Spirit and that God will open doors for you as you spread the word about the Mom’s Day of Prayer. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 – “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.” You need to be covered in prayer.
10 Months before MDOP
- Prayer Leaders - For each hour, please have two Christian Prayer Leaders from different denominations. These Prayer Leaders are there to begin the hour with prayer and close with prayer. Of course, they may also pray during the hour as the Holy Spirit leads them. The opening Prayer Leader needs to share that the women attending are welcome to pray out loud or they may pray to themselves. Please also share that anyone is welcome to kneel where they are or come to the altar.
- Newspaper Articles – Please see two newspaper articles that have appeared in our local newspaper from the 1998 and 1999 Mom’s Day of Prayer. Please see the newspaper article from a Christian news publication called “Bind Us Together”. The article is titled – “Powers of Darkness Beware! Moms are on the March!”
- Publicity - The people to contact in your area to help get the information out are: local radio stations (see radio spot script), your mayor (see proclamation), youth ministers, pastors (see pastors letter), newspaper (see sample newspaper ad), television stations and local churches.
- Mayor Support – Please see the copy of the Proclamation given to us by our Mayor to proclaim Mom’s Day of Prayer an official yearly day of prayer in our city. The Mayor presents this each year to the host church and to the MDOP Coordinator from that church.
8 Months before MDOP
- List of Churches- You will need to compile a list of all the churches in your area. Please mail or hand deliver flyers promoting the MDOP to each church – especially to the Women’s Ministry Directors if they have one.
- Mother’s Day – Please also keep in mind that Mother’s Day is a great time to promote the MDOP in each church.
6 months before MDOP
- Prayer Leaders – By now you should have an idea of your list of Prayer Leaders from different churches.
- Meet with Greeters/Welcome Table Workers – It will be time to have a short meeting with your Greeters and Welcome Table Workers. These ladies are usually from your church. The Greeters set the tone when the ladies enter the door for the MDOP. You want them to be pleasant, cordial and have a heart to really welcome the women who come to pray. Please ask each of them to begin praying for each lady who will attend the MDOP.
The Welcome Table workers will have each attendee sign in, give them their list of burdens and scriptures (if you use them), direct them to fill out a prayer request if they so choose and give them a bookmark or bookmarks. It is great to have two Greeters at the door and two or three workers at the Welcome Table desk.
- MDOP Promo Video – This is a 3 minute promo video that is available for you to order with the permission to copy it and share with the churches in your area to show before the MDOP. This DVD video can be purchased for $5.00 by contacting Melinda.
4 months before MDOP
- Contact Prayer Leaders – Contact your Prayer Leaders and set a date within the next few months for all the Prayer Leaders to meet with you prior to the MDOP. It will be a wonderful time for instruction, information, inspiration and prayer.
- Coordinating Committee – If you have a coordinating committee, set a time to meet with them. You will want to use this meeting time to go over the media list and start making arrangements for the radio spots, TV, newspaper, etc.
2 Months before MDOP
- Holiday Schedule – If your MDOP is in January, this period of time will be critical, due to the holiday season and everyone’s schedule.
- Workers Assigned – Be sure your Prayer Leaders, Greeters and Welcome Table Workers are assigned for each hour.
- Advertising – By now you should have your advertising in place and ready to go (schedule your TV and radio spots). The radio stations usually start playing the spots about a month before the MDOP. The TV stations usually begin a week before, but it is important to get it on their schedule. Newspapers usually run an article the Saturday before the MDOP (see clipping). However, you will need to do your interview before then.
- Assign Duties – Meet with your committee and assign different duties for the special day.
- Sign-In Sheet – You will need sign-in sheets for you to get names, addresses and church affiliations of those attending. These names and addresses are used from year to year for the mail-outs telling them where the next Mom’s Day of Prayer will be held.
- Prayer Bowl – This bowl is used for those attending to write down their prayer requests and place it in the bowl. These requests will be prayed for during the last hour of the day. We usually have this bowl set up at a separate table. During the last hour, please also pray for God to bring forward the next year’s host church & coordinator for your area.
- Scriptures & Burdens - Please see the list of scriptures and burdens that we sometimes use to hand out for those coming to pray. In 2004, we did not hand out the list of scriptures and burdens because we decided to concentrate on women coming in with nothing in their hands and totally concentrating on what God was saying to their hearts.
- Kleenex – Please have plenty of Kleenex boxes in the church that day and place them at the ends of each pew and at the altar.
- MDOP Bookmark – Optional – “I prayed for you today” bookmarks. These bookmarks are given to the MDOP attendees as they sign in. You can either print the bookmarks yourself or send your order to Melinda. The bookmarks are 10 cents each.
- Bumper Stickers - Optional – “Praying Moms Make a Difference” Bumper Sticker – $2.00 each. Send your order to Melinda. This is where we would link to order page for the bumper stickers and T-Shirts and bookmarks and maybe put a link to the charms here in this spot or click on the highlighted lettering.
- Programs – The programs have the Prayer Leaders listed on them with their names and the churches they represent (See program sample).
- MDOP Song – A beautiful and talented lady by the name of Brenda Yelvington has written a song for the MDOP movement called “A Mother’s Heart”. It is absolutely from God based on the 1st Samuel 1:27-28 scripture. The idea is for the song to be played at the end of each hour. As Coordinators, it is best that you come to the front of the church about 5 minutes before the hour ends and announce that it is the end of the hour, that everyone is welcome to stay or welcome to leave. You also announce at this time that there is counseling available in another room by the Prayer Leaders if you need further prayer or just need someone to talk to. But then you ask them to wait as you play the MDOP song which is a simple but powerful tune that we pray will stay with the women throughout the whole year.
1 Month before MDOP
- MDOP Banner – For the first MDOP, we had a beautiful banner made by a local schoolteacher. Each year this banner is passed on to the church in our community who is hosting the MDOP. In 2005, a grandmother made us a new banner and now we use the banner that was made in 1998 for other churches in our surrounding areas. We also had a large outside banner made to use each year which has the MDOP scripture on it from 1 Samuel 1:27-28.
- Yard Signs – If your budget allows, yard signs are a great way to promote MDOP.
- MDOP Flyers – You will need to make flyers to hand out and place in different businesses and churches in your area. Please see the New 2005 Flyer that we used. The scripture that the Mom’s Day of Prayer was founded on is from 1 Samuel 1:27-28 (NIV) – “I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.” Please see the Mom’s Day of Prayer logo and scripture that you can print and use in everything you do for your Mom’s Day of Prayer.
- Radio Spots -Make sure that the radio spots are delivered and playing.
- Advertising – Start advertising in church bulletins, etc.
- City Officials & Prayer Leaders- Send special letters to the Mayor and other city officials inviting them to MDOP. Send a letter to the Prayer Leaders reminding them of their hour of prayer and who their prayer partner will be.
- Prayer Information Table – Contact other prayer groups that meet in your community throughout the year. Example: Moms In Touch International, Lydia Fellowship, etc. If these prayer ministries have brochures, they may want to supply them for this special day.Please have a separate table set up for information concerning prayer groups that meet in your area throughout the year. This will be of great benefit to those seeking other ways to pray with women not just on this one day, but all through the year. One example of a prayer ministry that prays for the schools and the children is Moms In Touch International. Please go to the Moms In Touch International website to order their free brochures. Moms In Touch International and Mom’s Day of Prayer are uniting to spread the word that “Praying Moms Make a Difference”.
- Prayer Leaders – Send a letter to Prayer Leaders reminding them of their hours of prayer and who their prayer partner will be.
Two Week before MDOP
- Crunch Time – Meet with your committee and make sure that everyone is on top of their assignment.
- MDOP Logo – Print programs, bookmarks, sign-in sheets, scriptures and burdens, prayer request slips, etc. Use the Mom’s Day Of Prayer logo for all of your printed materials. Download a copy here. For Windows users, right-click on the logo and left-click on “Save Picture As…” Save it in your images folder.
- TV Interviews - If TV interviews are scheduled call and confirm your interview.
One Week before MDOP
- Tie up any loose ends – make sure all materials are printed and ready to go.
Day before MDOP
Church Set–Up – Set up the Welcome Table, put out the printed materials and place Kleenex boxes at the ends of the pews and at the altar. Also, set-up your table for the prayer bowl and brochures promoting prayer groups that meet all year.Prayer Room – The prayer room is used for women needing a more personal time of prayer. At the end of each hour, the Prayer Leaders announce that the Prayer Room is available for anyone needing one on one prayer. These Prayer Leaders will escort the ladies to the Prayer Room and pray with them. This is a blessing to have available for those attending who are especially needing this extra time of prayer.Inside Banner - Set up inside banner (optional, see sample)
Worldwide Mom’s Day of Prayer
- Arrive Early!!!!!
- Greeters In Place – Make sure that all Greeters are in place
- Your Heart – Above all have your own heart ready. Remember, it’s about women coming together in one accord.
- Journal – It is wonderful to keep a journal so you can pass it on to the next Mom’s Day of Prayer Coordinator. The goal is to pass this on from year to year to a new church and a new coordinator. Your information will be vital to the next person.
- Thank- you’s – After the Mom’s Day of Prayer, the Coordinator’s job still continues. It is so important to send thank-you’s, present plaques or even certificates to those who helped make the Mom’s Day of Prayer possible. That is another reason why keeping a journal is important so you can keep up with everyone that helped you.
To God be the Glory, great things he has done, is doing and will do in the days to come~~